To Design a College-wide programme to provide exposure to & cultivate appreciation of the performing & fine arts in all students with the aim to develop student with 21st century skills.
Hello! We are from the NJC Chinese Language Drama and Debate Society (CLDDS) and our CCA consists of 3 wings: The Drama, Chinese Calligraphy and the Dawn Magazine Publication wings. We decided to join CLDDS because of the opportunities we get to cultivate our appreciation of the performing and fine arts.
Through taking part in performances and competitions to challenge ourselves and push ourselves to excel, we have become more confident of our skills and abilities to create something meaningful and beautiful. Some of our works have been accredited with awards and honours, and you can view our achievements here [hyperlink to our achievements].
Additionally, we also learn 21st century skills such as critical thinking, communication, collaboration and use of creativity through CCA practices, enrichment activities and Values-in-Action (VIA) projects. These learning opportunities [hyperlink to our achievements] play an integral part in helping us to appreciate and enjoy the arts.
If you would like to be a part of our CCA or know more about our CCA, please feel free to contact any of our teachers-in-charge:
|Mdm Woon Yoke Funfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Ms Lin Qiaoemail@example.com|
|Mr Lin Huaizufirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mr Yeo Gim Sngemail@example.com|
Information Under Hyperlinks:
our achievements here [hyperlink to our achievements]
• National Chinese Calligraphy Competition—Merit Award
• NUS National Youth Chinese Calligraphy Competition—1st prize
• Sixth NUS National Youth Chinese Calligraphy Competition 2014 – 2nd Place for Junior College (JC) Group; Honorable Mention for Junior College (JC) Group; Honorable Mention for Secondary Group
Singapore Youth Festival Central Judging (Chinese Drama) 2013 – Silver Award for Senior High Group
"XIN LEI JIANG" – National Secondary School Chinese Creative Writing Competition 2014 – 1st prize.
YMCA Mandarin Speaking Awards—Champion
learning opportunities [hyperlink to our achievements]
• VIA project collaboration with Kallang Moulmein Community Centre
• Visits to Old Folks Home – putting up performances, teaching the elderly English and Chinese Calligraphy skills, and having breakfast sessions with the elderly
• Local Learning Journeys during CCA Camp
• Training Workshops for students to improve their skills
• Regional Competitions – we went Macau in year 2011 and 2013 to take part in Drama Competition