At National Junior College, we believe in delivering quality education to all our students. Our education programmes are recognized and awarded Best Practice Award in Teaching and Learning in 2005.
Our College offers two education routes that lead to the GCE ‘A’ Level examinations:
- 6 year Integrated Programme (Grades 7 to 12)
- 2 year JC Programme (Grades 11 to 12)
Students who are admitted to NJC Integrated Programme will skip the GCE ‘O’ Level and take the GCE ‘A’ Level examinations at the end of their sixth year in NJC. Students who are admitted to NJC JC Programme (at JC1 level) must have taken their GCE ‘O’ Levels examinations or equivalent. They will take the GCE ‘A’ Level examinations at the end of their second year in NJC.
Find out more about admission to the college.
All students who join the NJC Integrated Programme will undergo the broad based and application based Integrated Curriculum in their first two years.
Integrated Programme students and students in the JC Programme will choose from a variety of education programme and curriculum conducted professionally by our committed teachers in the respective academic and non-academic departments.
- Art Elective Programme
- Science & Research
- English Language & Literature
- Chinese Language, Literature
- Malay Language & Literature
- Tamil Language & Literature
- General Paper / Knowledge & Inquiry (Compulsory for all students)
- Project Work (Compulsory for all students)
- Physical Fitness Programme (Compulsory for all students)
- Guidance Curriculum (covering Careers Education, Socio Emotional Competencies and Sexuality Education) (Compulsory for all students)
Choice and selection is subjected to restrictions and constraints on subject combinations allowed by MOE and our college.
For more details, please refer to Subject Combinations in NJC.
Syllabuses of subjects offered by our College may be downloaded from SEAB Website.