Singapore International Science Challenge (Educators’ Programme)
Day 1: Tuesday 27 June 2017
Day 2: Wednesday 28 June 2017
Day 3: Thursday 29 June 2017
Day 4: Friday 30 June 2017
Day 5: Saturday 1 July 2017
Abstract for Keynote Speech & Plenary Sessions
Speakers for Keynote Speech & Plenary Sessions
Professional Sharing Synopses
Videos of Keynote and Plenary Session
TBL Workshop@LKC Medicine Pre-videos
Why TBL at LKCMedicine
Click Video Here
Educational Principles Underpinning TBL
Click Video Here
1. Conceptualised by National Junior College in 2007, the Singapore International Science Challenge (SISC) is a biennial international event that brings together gifted students of age 15 to 18 from around the world to compete, collaborate and innovate in Science. The multi-disciplinary foci and integrated nature of the challenges provide an authentic backdrop for students to apply their scientific and technical knowledge to solving problems and creating impactful solutions.
2. The theme for SISC 2017 is Connecting Minds: Discovering New Frontiers. Underpinning this theme is the creative use of technology to create a smart globe that transcends the status quo of our human condition.
3. The four key areas of focus at the 2017 SISC are: (1) STEM Research, (2) Design and Computational Thinking, (3) Engineering Smart Systems and (4) Redefining and Transforming Education. These will be elucidated via four corresponding challenges and/or events: (1) the Research Challenge, (2) the Machine Learning Challenge, (3) the Design & Build Challenge and (4) the Educators’ Conference on Technologies in Education. Technology, its use, development and reconceptualisation, will be the undercurrent at each of the aforementioned challenges and/or events.
4. In addition to the student challenges, SISC 2017 also aims to build the capacities of our Science Educators through the teachers’ and principals’ programmes. These programmes enable the Science Educators to engage in professional discourse as well as establish and develop ties with counterparts from other schools around the world.
5 The working language of the event is English.
6. The event will be held from 27th June to 1st July 2017 in Singapore.
Maps & Essential Information
NJC Campus map
Gardens by the Bay map
Members in the committee provide opportunities for science educators to engage in professional discourse and establish and develop ties with counterparts from other schools from around the world.
Chua Siok Kheng (Ms)
Lee Shan Shan (Ms)
Ning Hwee Tiang (Ms)
Teai Sook Mei (Mrs)
Sia Wai Leng (Mrs)
Tai Mei-En (Ms)
Adrian Loh Sin Loy (Dr)