11 May 2020
Direct School Admissions (DSA) 2020
23 Mar 2020
Supporting Covid-19 efforts
01 Mar 2020
Keeping Covid-19 at bay
With that in mind, Vice-Principal and one-time Science teacher Mr Harman Johll rallied his team to create ‘school-made’ hand sanitisers for each class. The team used materials that were already there in school – in the labs and left over from other projects. The lesson for students: Be resourceful, imaginative and, most important, apply what you’ve learnt in Science class! Students were also taught that hand sanitisers are a secondary measure – hand-washing with soap is still the most effective way to protect ourselves.
21 Feb 2020
Class of 2019 A-Level Results
Congratulations to the class of 2019! You have surpassed our expectations and done us proud. Continue to be the great men and women that you are. Go forth and serve with honour!
15 Feb 2020
Total Defence Day 2020
Our students learnt how the lessons of total defence are even more important today amid the Covid-19 outbreak. They learnt about the manipulative nature of falsehoods and false rumours (Sixth Pillar of Total Defence : Digital Defence) and how verifying sources of information is both an individual and collective responsibility.
13 Feb 2020
NJC Class of 2019 – A-Level Results Collection
Dear Class of 2019 student,
The release of the 2019 GCE A-Level examination results will take place on 21 February 2020 (Friday) at 2.30pm. National Junior College, together with Ministry of Education and Singapore Examinations and Assessment Board (SEAB) have stepped up precautionary measures for the collection of the results to safeguard your health and well-being.
Instructions for Collection of Examination Results
- You must proceed to http://form.gov.sg/5e44835b35f4080011615794 to submit your personal particulars and your travel declaration by 5.00pm on Mon, 17 February 2020. Subsequently, a follow-up email comprising additional administrative details will be sent to you nearer the date.
- If you are well, you may collect your result slips and certificates in the school from 2.30pm on 21 February 2020. You may only enter College premises from 1.30pm. Please take your temperature before coming to the school, and you must have already completed your travel declaration in order to come to school (see para 2). Temperature-taking will be conducted again when you arrive in College. You will be collecting results and other documents in a classroom instead of the school hall. If you do not wish to come to school, you can also access your results online.
- Family members will not be allowed into the school premises in view of the current situation. Only candidates collecting their results will be allowed entry into the school premises. No parking is allowed within NJC. If you are driven to College, please be advised that traffic in the area may be congested until about 2.00pm.
- If you are unwell, on Leave of Absence (LOA) or Quarantine Order (QO) as of 21 February 2020, have recently travelled to Mainland China, or affected by travel restrictions into Singapore, please do not come to the school. You can access your results online (see para 7 – 8).
- Arrangements will be made for you to receive the hardcopy result slips and certificates if you are not collecting your results in College.
Viewing of Examination Results Online
- Results can be accessed via the result release system on the Singapore Examinations and Assessment Board’s website (www.seab.gov.sg) from 3.00pm on 21 February 2020.
- For Singapore Citizens/Singapore Permanent Residents, you can use your SingPass pin. If you are eligible for SingPass but have not activated it, you will receive a SingPass PIN mailer by 19 February 2020. If you are not eligible for SingPass (e.g., International students), SEAB will provide an email with one-time login details by 19 February 2020.
Digital Certificate for Application to Local Autonomous Universities
- Starting from this year, all A-Level candidates, who are Singapore Citizens and Singapore Permanent Residents, will receive digital certificates in OpenCerts format. These certificates will be available on MySkillsFuture’s Skills Passport at https://www.myskillsfuture.sg/content/portal/en/individual/skills-passport.html from 24 February 2020. If you have SingPass, you can access and submit your digital certificates electronically to the Universities that you are applying to.
- For international students, you may send your request for a digital certificate via email to email@example.com.
- Applications for admissions and/or scholarships to the local Autonomous Universities (AUs) can be done online. All school candidates who apply to the local AUs online do not need to submit a copy of their A-Level certificates. Due to the Covid-2019 situation, the local AUs will also make alternative arrangements for any assessment for admissions if applicants cannot be physically present.
Education and Career Guidance (ECG)
- Students who need guidance on their education options can approach their teachers or the ECG Counsellor. You may wish to schedule an appointment with our ECG Counsellor, Ms Looi Yuin Yi, via http://rebrand.ly/ECGchat or contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Students can also refer to the interactive MySkillsFuture portal at https://go.gov.sg/mysfpreu to find out more about the education options, career pathways and courses that are suited to their strengths, interests and abilities.
- Alternatively, students can contact the MOE ECG Centre @ Grange Road from 14 to 28 February 2020 for ECG counselling via email: MOE_ECG@moe.gov.sg or phone: 6831 1420.
- Some useful contacts are provided below:
Matters relating to system login details for International Students and appeal for review of results
Email : email@example.com
WhatsApp: 8664-1646 (for messages only)
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel : 6643-0555
MOE Contact Centre
University application and admission matters
Please contact the university directly.
- If you have any further questions, please contact us at email@example.com or 6466 1144.
- We wish you all the best in your future endeavours.
28 Jan 2020
NJC Chinese Dance at The Istana Chinese New Year Open House
photo credit : Ministry of Communications and Information
03 Jan 2020
Annular Eclipse Observation at NJC
We have captured an animation of the hydrogen-alpha Sun during the different phases of the annular eclipse ending with a ring of fire which you could viewed at https://tinyurl.com/NJC-eclipse-animation. You can see a zoom-in image of the second sunspot (the one at 8 o’clock position) taken by one of our high-resolution solar telescopes at https://tinyurl.com/NJC-eclipse-sunspot
We deployed 2 types of telescopes, namely white-light solar film telescope and hydrogen-alpha solar telescope for the eclipse observation. A white-light solar telescope enables us to see the bright white light from the Sun. It presents the Sun as an orange blank solar disk. An orange image is produced by such a telescope because observers prefer an orange Sun over a white one. A Hydrogen-alpha telescope, on the other hand passes only a narrow band of red-orange light emitted by glowing hydrogen atoms while blocking the overwhelming white light from the Sun. It enables us to see dynamic and explosive events like prominences, filaments and solar flares in the Sun’s chromosphere.
The images in the animation were taken by a hydrogen-alpha telescope at the NJC High-resolution Solar Research Observatory (HISRO). You can see two big sunspots (white regions) on the Sun. One sunspot was near the 2 o’clock and the other at the 8 o’clock position. Solar flares can be seen from such sunspots. Unfortunately, or fortunately there were no flares on the day of the eclipse.
Students interested in astronomy are welcomed to join us for future events.
31 Dec 2019
Happy New Year
We wish all NJCians a joyful and peaceful 2020.
23 Dec 2019
Annular Solar Eclipse 2019
We will be hosting a viewing party on 26 Dec at NJC for students, teachers and members of public. Telescopes and binoculars with filters for enthusiasts to witness the rare sighting will be placed at strategic locations for the viewing. We expect more than 600 enthusiasts to be present.